Download the photo (~6MB).
About the Conference
The 8th East Asia Section of SIAM Conference (EASIAM 2012) will be held in National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, June 25-27, 2012.
EASIAM 2012 gathers researchers in applied mathematics with respect to science, engineering and technology. The scope of the conference covers all aspects of applied mathematics, from science, industry, to engineering and technology in the East and Southeast Asia. Previous EASIAM conferences were held in Hong Kong (1st), Sapporo (2nd), Xiamen (3rd), Daejeon (4th), Brunei (5th), Kuala Lumpur (6th), and Kitakyushu (7th).
EASIAM is a section of Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM). It promotes basic research and education in mathematics, which supports science and technology.
Topics of Interest
The topics of interest of EASIAM 2012 include, but are not limited to:
- Applications of partial differential equations
- Applied and numerical linear algebra
- Fluid mechanics
- Mathematical analysis of engineering problems
- Mathematical aspects of geophysical problems
- Mathematical biology and/or medicine
- Mathematics of material sciences
- Numerical analysis
- Operations research