Jungkai Alfred Chen
Department of Mathematics
National Taiwan University
Astro-Math Bldg. 508
email: jkchen at ntu dot edu dot tw
last updated: Feb. 18, 2021
Algebraic Geometry in East Asia, Online Seminar
Details can be found here
Algebraic Geometry in Taiwan
Please refer to the page of algebraic geometry program in NCTS
Here are some useful links:
AMS MathSciNet*: review of articles in journal and proceedings.
Numdam=Numérisation de documents anciens mathématiques;
*: Accessible only if you or your institutes have current subscription.
I got my Ph.D, in 1997 from UCLA under the supervision of Robert Lazarsfeld. Since then, I have been working in Taiwan for more than two decades. I was involved in various academic services, including: Chairman of the Panel of National Science Council, President of Taiwan Mathematical Society, Chairman of the Department of Math of NTU. Since 2015, I serve as the Director of NCTS (National Center for Theoretical Sciences), Mathematics Division.
1. J. A. Chen, On genera of smooth curves in higher dimensional varieties, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc, 125,(1997) 2221-2225. arXiv 9605008
2. J. A. Chen, C. D. Hacon, Characterization of abelian varieties, Inventiones Mathematicae, 143, (2001), 435-447. arXiv 9903184
3. J. A. Chen, C. D. Hacon, Pluricanonical maps of varieties of maximal Albanese dimension, Math. Ann. 320, (2001), 367-380. arXiv 0005187
4. J. A. Chen, C. D. Hacon Linear series of irregular varieties. Algebraic geometry in East Asia (Kyoto, 2001), 143--153, World Sci. Publ., River Edge, NJ, 2002.
5. J.A. Chen, C. D. Hacon, On algebraic fiber spaces over varieties of maximal Albanese dimension, Duke Math. Jour., 111, (2002), 159-175. arXiv 0011042
6. J.X. Cai, J.A.Chen, A note on characterizations of Abelian varieties by topological invariants, Manu. Math., 112, (2003) 15-19.
7. J.A. Chen, C. D. Hacon, On the irregularity of the image of the Iitaka fibration, Comm. Alg., 32, (2004), 203-215.
8. J.A. Chen, C. D. Hacon, Varieties with P3=4 and q=dim X, Ann. Sc. norm. super. Pisa, V, vol. III. (2004), 399-425. arXiv 0308195
9. J.A. Chen, M. Chen, D.Q. Zhang, A nonvanishing theorem for Q-divisors on surfaces, J. Algebra.,293 (2005), 363-384. arXiv 0504314
10. J.A. Chen, C. D. Hacon, An example of a surface of general type with pg=q=2 and KX2=5, Pacific Jour. Math., 233, (2006), 219-228.
11. J. A. Chen, M. Chen, D.Q. Zhang, The 5-canonical system on 3-folds of general type, J. Reine Angew. Math., 603, (2007), 165-181. arXiv 0512617
12. J.A. Chen, C.D. Hacon, Pluricanonical systems on irregular 3-folds of general type, Math. Zeit, 255, (2007), 343-355.
13 J. A. Chen, M. Chen, On projective threefolds of general type. Elec. Res. Announc. Math. Sci., 14, (2007), 69-73.
14. F. Campana, J. A. Chen, T. Peternell, On strictly nef divisors, Math. Ann., 342, (2008), 565-585 arXiv 0511042
15. J.A. Chen, M. Chen, The canonical volume of threefolds of general type with X<1, J. London Math. Soc., 78, (2008), 693-706. arXiv 0704.1702
16. J. A. Chen, M. Chen, An optimal boundedness on weak $\bQ$-Fano threefolds, Adv. Math., 219, (2008), 2086-2104. arXiv 0712.4356
17. J. A. Chen, M. Chen, Explicit birational geometry of threefolds of general type, arXiv 0706.2987
18. J. A. Chen, C. D. Hacon, On Ueno’s Conjecture K, Math. Ann., 345, (2009), 287-296. arXiv 0802.1060.
19. J. A. Chen, C. D. Hacon, On the geography of threefolds of general type, J. Alg., 321, (2009), 2500-2507. arXiv 0802.0884.
20. J. A. Chen, M. Chen, Explicit birational geometry of threefolds of general type I, Ann. Sci. Ecole Norm. Sup., 43 (2010), 365-394.. arXiv 0810.5041
21. J. A. Chen, M. Chen, Explicit birational geometry of threefolds of general type II, Jour.Diff. Geom, 86 (2010), 237-271, arXiv 0810.5044
22. J. J. Chen, J. A. Chen, M. Chen, On weighted complete intersections. Jour. Alg. Geom, 20, (2011), 239-262. arXiv 0908.1439
23. J. A. Chen, C.D. Hacon, Factoring $3$-fold flips and divisorial contractions to curves. Jour. Reine Angew. Math., 657, (2011), 173-197, arXiv 0910.4209
24. J. A. Chen, C. D. Hacon, Kodaira dimension of irregular varieties, Invent. Math. 186, (2011), 481-500, arXiv 1008.2404
25. J.A, Chen, O. Debarre, Z. Jiang, Varieties with vanishing holomorphic Euler characteristic, Jour. Reine Angew. Math., 691, (2014), 203-227, arXiv 1105.3418
26. J.A. Chen, Factoring threefold divisorial contractions to points, Ann. Scuola Norm. Sup. Pisa, V, vol. XIII. (2014), 435-463, arXiv 1106.1705
27. J.A. Chen, Explicit resolution of three dimensional terminal singularities, in Minimal Models and Extremal Rays, Proceedings of the conference in honor of Shigefumi Mori's 60th birthday, Advanced Studies in Pure Mathematics. 2016. arXiv 1310.6445
28. J.A. Chen, Three dimensional divisorial contractions, Algebraic Geometry in East Asia, Taipei 2011, Advanced Studies in Pure Mathematics. 65, 2016 1-25
29. J.A. Chen, M. Chen, Z. Jiang, On 6-canonical maps of irregular threefolds of general type, Math. Res Lett. 20 (2013), 33-39, arXiv 1206.2804
30. J.A. Chen, M. Chen, Explicit birational geometry of 3-folds and 4-folds of general type, III, Comp. Math, 151 (2015), 1041-1082.
31. J.A. Chen, Birational maps of 3-folds, Taiwanese Jour. Math. 19, (2015), 1619-1642.
32. J.A. Chen, M. Chen, The Noether inequality for Gorenstein minimal 3-folds, Comm. Anal. Geom, 23 (2015).
33. C. Birkar, J.A. Chen, Varieties fibered over abelian varieties with fibers of log general type, Adv. Math. 270, (2015), 206-222.
34. J.A. Chen, Z. Jiang, Z.Y. Tian, Irregular varieties with geometric genus one, theta divisors, and fake tori, Adv. Math, 320 (2017) 361-390.
35. J.A. Chen, Z. Jiang, Positivity in variety of maximal Albanese dimension, Jour. Reine Angew. Math., 736 (2018), 225-254.
36. J.A. Chen, M. Chen, On explicit aspects of pluricanonical maps of projective varieties, Proc. Int. Cong. of Math. 2018, Rio de Janeriro, vol 2, 653-370
37. J. A. Chen, C.J. Lai, Varieties of general type with small volumes, Intern. Jour. Math. 31 (2020), 2050005
38. J.A. Chen, M. Chen, C. Jiang, The Noether inequality for algebraic threefolds (with an appendix by János Kollár), Duke Math. Jour, 169, No. 9 (2020), 1603-1645.
39. J.J. Chen, J.A. Chen, M. Chen, Z.Jiang, On quint-canonical birationality of irregular threefolds, Proc. London Math. Soc., (3) 00 (2020) 1–25
40. J.A. Chen, M. Chen, C. Jiang, Addendum to “The Noether inequality for algebraic threefolds”, Duke Math. Jour, 169, No. 11 (2020), 2199-2204
41. P. Bangere, J.A. Chen, F. Gallego, On higher dimensional extremal varieties of General type, preprints